Winner announced. Read here.
The inaugural FETA Prize in Sound Art 2013 aims to promote a broad range of contemporary American sound and installation arts. Artists working within the sonic arts such as sound installation, sound sculpture, sound poetry, soundscape, robotics, net art and similar may submit one work each for consideration. This prize is open to any individual of any age who is a citizen or permanent resident of any North, Central or South American country. All submissions must be anonymous. The prize will include a 1000 USD and a feature on the Gwarlingo portal.
Electronic submissions deadline: April 10, 2013 (midnight any time zone).
Prize Announcement: June 15, 2013.
Make sure to have the following items ready before filling the electronic application:
1. Description of submitted work (500 words maximum. Must be anonymous.)
2. Technical details regarding the work (500 words maximum. Must be anonymous.)
3. Artist Bio (200 words maximum)
4. Collaborator(s) Bio(s) if applicable (200 words maximum)
5. Link to a web page or downloadable files containing sound, video and/or photographic materials. These will be passed on to the adjudication committee. Make sure that all the submitted materials are anonymous.
6. A scanned image of a valid passport or national identification card to prove your citizenship or permanent residence of any North, Central or South American country to be sent via email to email@example.com
(If preferred, a printed copy can be mailed to FETA, 2294 NW 2nd Ave, Miami, FL 33127. In such case, make sure to send a notification email to firstname.lastname@example.org)
7. An application fee of $10 to be submitted via PayPal.
To apply, click here.
To download the pdf of this call, click here.
Send an email to email@example.com for any questions.
With the support of Foundation of Emerging Technologies and Arts, Harold Golen Gallery, Gwarlingo and the Miami-Dade County Department of Cultural Affairs and the Cultural Affairs Council, the Miami-Dade County Mayor and Board of County Commissioners.